I am sitting in the living room of my new home in my new town after a day of work at my new job at my new church....you get the idea. There is a lot of "new" for me and my family right now. Christmas tends to lend itself to traditions and "old". I don't think we make a lot of room for "new" at the holidays, yet my life is full of it right now. And I am finding that oddly okay.
I typically wrap up a lot of expectations in the Christmas season, you know the normal stuff - the perfect tree, just the right amount of house lights and decorations, great-tasting fudge, pretty sugar cookies, just the right gift - and for all the "right" reasons, but still, a lot of expectations. I wanted this year to be different - - I wanted a "new" way of thinking about Christmas this year, a simpler, more-meaningful way to celebrate the holiday. I wanted - no, I felt "called" to - a deeper Christmas experience this year. And I think I'm getting it.
I think its in Jeremiah that God says, "I am doing a new thing.....". So am I this year. I guess I'm in good company.
No comments:
Post a Comment